CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Lost Cause

It's a lost cause as I lay beside a rock
Lost in a deserted island, the vultures mock
I roll over belly up trying to entice
It was just not worth it, this life
The snores from the caves bellow
It is I, the unfortunate fellow

Because they don't want you
You're not good enough too
Neglected and left all alone
Soul sapped and dried to the bone
Because he doesn't understand or listens
Maybe one day the tide will turn

This land a shadow of its once glory
Each man has his own tale - his own story
The bellowing of wind only get louder
Deep within it makes me ponder
That this is a lost battle, a lost cause
I'll just leave it to another coin toss

Because things have changed unlike the past
Perhaps it was I the fool who think it'll last
Tarry for a second - all this so transcient
Thin and fragile like sheets of aluminium
The winds blow the leaves away
But I'll do my raking another day

He tosses and turns all the while unalarmed
While in my mind the thoughts swarm
To another place in the distant future
Perhaps where men were born with 24 ears
Each for an hour to listen to our nothings
Then that day there will be no loss of wedding rings

0 comments: